Do some video games make children aggresive?

Friday, January 7, 2011

The bullet that started it all

For me it all started when i was a little boy. I remember it vividly... My parents had gotten home from work one busy day. When my father got home he needed to relax so he sat down and turned on the T.V.,i always sat next to him,  headlining the news for the day and a while after that was the Columbine Massacre. My dad called my mom in and she was horrified. My parents then started worrying about my safety and taking precautionary measures. It seemed like everyone was trying to figure out why the 2 boy's went on a rampage. Well after a while a theory came out as to why the boys did this. Violent video games. I also remember quite clearly my parents taking away my Grand Theft Auto video game and monitoring my time on the video games. I wasn't a kid who never got out, on the contrary I spent quite a bit of time outside. They have been adamant ever sine then to not buy me any video games above the rating M. Now i know that they were just trying to protect me and raise me well, but as a 16 year old i would at least like to woop my friends at COD without my mom nagging me about "Those video games aren't good for you!" or "Alex are you playing that game with all the killing again?". It get's to be a major drag. 

4 comments: