Do some video games make children aggresive?

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Over the weekend i met up with a friend who was anti CoD. We had an argument about weather or not video games affected people to the point where they would go on a massacre. I brought up that while they do seem to make people more aggressive, it's not enough to make someone shoot up a school. He countered with some media supported BS about how other massacre's were by nerd's that were enveloped by video games. I tried bringing up that those nerd's also had the majority of their problem's at home with their family or a mental illness that would lead to kid's to do such horrible things. But he kept cutting me off about how study's have shown that kid's are much more aggressive after video games. I had no room to argue at that point, but i could definitely argue that as a gamer i have never taken my physical aggression out on other people within 5 minutes of me playing a violent video game. I tried arguing my point but apparently i was not enough of a no lifer to have major effects happen on me.  No one got anywhere and we changed the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment